Theraputic Thursdays - Tingles All Over My body.

Hello My Lovelies,

You could have never known that there was a phenomenon knows as Autonomous sensory meridian response(ASMR) that consists of getting triggered by a sound that sends chills, tingles or feelings of pleasure throughout your body until it happens to you. Ever since I was a little girl, I used to love it when my mom used to whisper in my ear to put me to sleep and I'd get tingles all over my body. Growing up, I sort of forgot how much I really liked getting those tingles until I was watching a movie. Oddly enough, the movie that triggered an ASMR response was Harriet the Spy, the nickelodeon movie with Michelle Trachtenberg. The scene were Golly(her nanny) has a date come over and they're all eating dinner at the dining table and they're all enjoying their tomato soup, as Harriet notices the other man looking lovingly into Golly's eyes, she gets jealous and SLURPS her soup loudly to distract them. Yep. That scene in that particular movie ALWAYS gives me tingles down my spine when watching it. So I used to replay that scene over and over again because of the tingles I got but eventually I became desensitized to it because I got too used to the sound.

So I went on with life. It wasn't until much later that I discovered that I had accidentally found a movie where there was another eating scene that gave me tingles and that movie was Crossroads with Britney Spears. The scene in particular that sends me over the moon with tingles and responses is the scene were all the girls just got back from their successful night at the karaoke bar, they drink and eventually get a little tipsy. Towards the end of that scene where Lucy(Britney Spears)
asks Kit(Zoe Saldana) and Mimi(Taryn Manning) what was the Best and Worst thing that's ever happened to them. Kit goes on to saying that the best thing to happen to her was reaching her goal weight because being fat was unacceptable to her mom and the worst thing that happened to her was reaching her goal weight...because apparently being prettier than her mom was even more unacceptable. Then she puts a strawberry to her lips and she bites down on it. You can hear the crunch of the fruit and the grit from the seeds and it drove me wild! Even just thinking about it gives me chills. So at that moment I was like "Okay, something is up. Why do I feel this way particularly when people eat?" So I googled "chills from hearing people eat" and that's when I discovered what ASMR was and it immediately clicked.

I googled relentlessly to get more answers and eventually fell upon youtube videos that triggered me as well. I can clearly remember the very first video that I watched and it was Food4444lyfe's video on youtube where she was eating Natto with rice and Miso Soup. I instantly fell in love with her channel. Yet, I found it odd that in real life, I HATED when people chewed with their mouths open or ate loudly but on video, I absolutely loved it. I went on in discovering new "ASMRtists" (ASMR+Artist) like WronskiWhispers where she eats AND whispers. I love her channel as well because that's where I later learned that not only do I enjoy the sounds of eating but of conversation as well. I get VERY relaxed hearing Wronski talk because her voice is so soothing. So now, I have to listen to ASMR videos every night to sleep properly! I find it really relaxing and eases my mind at night when I know I have trouble sleeping. It really was a godsend. Try it out yourselves. Check out their youtube channels and see if anything triggers you!

Comments

Popular Posts