It's been 3 years

October is breast cancer awareness month. Ladies, mothers, sisters, daughter please don't fall victim to this devastation. Anyone can get it, at any time no matter how healthy you feel or how wealthy you are. Cancer has no filter. I was only 18 when I felt a tumor in my left breast. EIGHTEEN. A senior in high school and I thought my life was over. Biopsies, tube testing, blood work and scouring around for an answer. I'm not a hero and thankfully I never fell victim to this disease. I'm not going to glorify it to make is seem like I kicked cancers butt. I was one of the lucky ones. It wasn't cancer, yet this moment resonates in my life forever. So to anyone who has two hands and a pair of breasts, please please check yourselves every month just to be safe. Doctors don't tell you to check until your late adulthood but out of pure luck I discovered the tumor before it was too late. Don't think it can't happen to you! Fight like a girl. We all can.

Comments

Popular Posts