You guys NEED to hear this!



     So as I'm doing my daily youtube routine, I started to watch a video from one of the people i'm subscribed too called Emmyfromjapan where generous people all over the world ship her goodies like chips, chocolates, candies and other drink and snack from their countries and she eats them on camera to record her reactions. She's pretty much covered a huge portion of the globe already. This particular video was Emmy's continuation of what she likes to call "Emmy eats (insert country here)" In this case, it was "Emmy Eats Sweden part II." I've always been the type of person who thoroughly enjoys sounds like a bag of chips being opened, or windshield wipers on a car. So, naturally I really enjoyed the sounds of her munching away and describing the foods she's eating. This drove me bonkers and I really wanted to go some more investigation as to why I have this adoration for sounds (specifically food/eating sounds) so, of course, I ran to trusty Mr. Google for the answer!

     As I continues to research, I found out that it's a condition call Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response or ASMR for short. It's a reaction that goes on in your brain that controls sensors. Light may effect the sensitivity to your eyes and cause you to squint. Seeing food when your hungry may cause your mouth to water and in my case, hearing specific noises causes a euphoric feeling or tingling sensation in my body. My entire life, I was always in awe while watching/hearing people eat on tv or in movies. Travel and Food Channels became my best friends and I would sit back and take in all the different sounds. It isn't in any form a sexual feeling and I didn't get arousal from it. The best way I can desribe it is smelling the perfume or cologne of your mom or dad and it automatically takes you back to a memory where you recall that person wearing it and it makes you happy! It's just like that except with sound. Same feeling minus the memories haha

     Anyway, as I was saying. After finding out the term ASMR I did some more research and found that there is a whole community on youtube where people with the same interest in sounds come to watch, or hear rather, people talk, whisper, eat, tap their fingers simply for the enjoyment of those who have ASMR. I came across this video with a lady who uses a 3D microphone. Which means that her microphone is set up where she can pick and choose what speaker(direction) you can hear her talking in. If she leans to the left of the microphone, you hear it from your left speaker or earphone, if she speaks facing dead center then you can hear equally from both speakers, and when she leans or speaks to the right of the mic, your speaker picks that up too! So, lets say you watch this video and close your eyes. You can actually hear and detect what part of the room she's in and what direction she's speaking in. It honestly blew my mind! If any of this info interests you then go ahead and check out the video. I've already subscribed to her and I'm catching up on all her vids lol 
It's such a good "bedtime routine" since she relaxes your to the core! 
Check it out :)  

Much love,
Margie. 

Comments

Popular Posts