Tasty Tuesday - Korean BBQ

Hello my Lovely Foodies!


Today's post will be about my favorite restaurant and my favorite dish they have. 
Many people may not be too familiar with this type of food but my all time favorite is Korean BQQ. They are a plethora of All You Can Eat(AYCE) Korean BBQ places within the vicinity of my city and many of them just aren't THAT great. The location that I go to is actually in Artesia called Hwang Hae Doe. 

 They way Korean BBQ works is they serve you the selection of meats you'd like and you have to cook/grill the meats yourself. I go for the #3 because they have the basics that I like, Beef Brisket and pork belly. I am not too fond of the wine marinated pork so I usually opt out on that. For $9.99 for ALL YOU CAN EAT bbq, that's a steal! No one else that I've gone to has that price with that quality of meat. It's super delish! I am completely obsessed with Korean bbq but sadly, it's not too healthy so I try not too go overboard. When they serve you you're meat, they have a couple of different seasoning sauces to add to the meat for extra flavor. The brisket is thin enough that it cooks rather quickly so you're not waiting forever for the food to be ready, they also supply you with a bunch of side dishes that go really well with the meat. My favorite side dishes are the pickled cucumbers in the red sauce (middle of table) the glass noodles (top right of table) and the pickled bean sprouts(very top left - the white stringy things). I cannot eat my korean BBQ without a side of white rice as well! 

As if all this food isn't WELL over the amount you're paying, they also throw in a complimentary steamed egg bowl wish is absolutely fantastic! It is eggs beaten and cooked in some sort of broth(some places use chicken broth and others use miso broth) and it creates this delicious spongy/fluffy eggy goodness that tastes devine and they top it off with green onions. It is SO good. I usually have to fight my boyfriend off of the steamed egg or else he'd finish it all off himself! Many people are turned off by the fact that they have to cook their own meat, which I understand, since we are used to paying someone else to do it for us, but that's just part of the cultural experience of Korean BBQ. In my case, I think it's a lot beneficial. You know what's going into it, you know who's handling it and you cook it just to your liking! What's better than that?

Like I mentioned earlier, beef brisket is my preferred meat, it's thin, it's tasty and it cooks very quickly. The picture that I have attached is what the beef brisket looks like, I personally enjoy my meat a little but more on the crispy side just for the added texture and crunch. There are various types of Korean BBQ houses as well as the type of meat they serve. Not every location is exactly alike. But, for my liking, this Korean BBQ house is the holy grail in my books! I go here a couple times a month and never leave unsatisfied. All you can eat Korean BBQ for $9.99 + all these side dishes + the steamed egg no one can beat that! If you're in the O.C and L.A county area, check this
place out. It looks like a little hole in the wall...because it is! It's a mom and pop shop and trust me, you won't be disappointed! The location can be a little hard to find at first since their sign is totally in Korean but once you're in the parking lot, it's kind of easier to spot once you see the line outside, the godly beefy smoke wafting out the door and the delicious smell alluring you in! If you haven't tried this type of food, TRY IT! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. 

                                                                                                                    Hwang Hae Doh

Comments

Popular Posts