Margie After The Dentist

Hello My lovelies! Hello My Lovelies,

"And now that I'm without your kisses, I'll be needing stitches"

Okay. That's a little dramatic but it's true! I'm in stitches. I had wisdom teeth surgery last Thursday and I've been completely out of it and zonked. I had my bottom and top right wisdom teeth removed last week and let me tell you about the fiasco I call "the dentist visit of doom."

*Cue dramatic music here.*


So, as you've read in my previous post, I have problems with my wisdom teeth..well, HAD problems with them. I initially went to the dentist to get my painful lower right tooth checked out and turns out, it's crooked, it's impacted and growing in all wonky into my jawbone so they have to knock that sucker out. 

In the midst of that getting x-rays done, they find two cavities. Great. I get that fixed and they tell me to come back two days after to get my teeth pulled. Awesome. Except my appointment is it 4:30 pm which means I have an entire work day to get through and completely freak and psych myself out... All day at work I was constantly thinking "I'm going to die. I'm dead. This is it." And I even contemplated on living my life with this stupid painful wisdom tooth for the rest of my life until it killed me. Natural selection. Right?

Anyway, I barely get through work and thank goodness for moms, she drove me to the dentist office and took me home. I get there, One dentist numb me up and does the DEEEEP cleaning on my teeth. I say that because they literally dug and buried a little civilization underneath my gums just to clean them. OUCH. Then, my main dentist comes in and asks me how I'm feeling, am I ready, yadayadayada and he numbs me even more. I start to panic because I cant still feel. He touches me where my painful tooth is at and I wince. He's confused and asked me if I could feel that..I shout, yes! She scratches his head and gives me another hit of anesthesia. Waits a couple seconds to run its course and spread and then commences. I CAN STILL FEEL IT!! And being the anxiety ridden sack of potatoes, I'm mentally screaming and panicking and think I'm going to feel everything and pass out but on the outside, I was cool and collected. He starts examining my mouth, touching here, touching there, scraping this and that and then I see the pliers coming towards my face and I completely and utterly went bat shit crazy... My heart was pouding so much that he could see my heart beat from under the protective paper veil they put on your chest to keep you nice and tidy. He says "your heart is working overtime, ain't it? Relax, it'll be over soon." But, he could tell my concern in my eyes and offers me extra strength Novocaine. "Do you need more numbing?" I nod my head as hard as I could and he giggled and went to retrieve the  He says that If I feel anything after this, I'm a medical miracle because this stuff can knock a horse out. So he injects my gums with this and walks away for a view minutes for it to settle in... Phew. Okay, my mouth is finally numb. We're good to go doc! 

Now, I have anxiety but I've NEVER had a panic attack this severe before. I was in the chair, laying there, the dental assistant to my left, holding the light and the suction do-hicky and my dentist to my right with pliers readily at hand.He starts to comment on what's he's doing. What he's about to do and so on and so forth.(I like that about my doc. he keeps me in the loop) Then suddenly, I forgot how to breath. I lost all logic. I start trembling to my core, I'm sweating, My voice is shaking, I'm dizzy, my heart is pounding so hard and my dentist stops and says "I can't work on you if you're going to be this upset. Please calm down" And I honestly TRY to calm myself but I can't. Then get gets kind of irate that it's taking much longer than needed so he lays down the law and says "Margie, you have three options. Let me do this now and get it over with. I will hook you into an IV drip and you will be sedated completely. Or, we administer laughing gas." GAS. GIVE ME THE GAS! So they wheel in the tanks. 

They set up the apparatus onto my nose and tell me to close my eyes and breath strictly through my nose. I should feel the effect in 20 seconds. In out. In, out. Then WHAM. I feel like I took 4 shots of Tequila straight to the head. Margie likey. 

So, I'm sniffing away. Enjoying  my time and not paying attention to my doctor pulling out bloody teeth roots out of my jaw. And then I get a little too "high" I start to feel like I'm floating out of the chair so I'm gripping on to the arm rests for dear life...of course, I'm really not moving or going anywhere, it's all in my head. So I'm worried that I'm going to float away and the doctor is going to cut me or harm me and then I hear snoring. IT'S ME. I'm snoring lol I'm sleeping but my eyes are still open. The doctor nudges me and tells me to wake up and keep breathing and now I'm like "Hell no. This shit is gnarly. I need a second to regain my composure lol so I act for them to turn it down. I feel normal again with a slight buzz. This is good. Then the doctor tells me that the first tooth(upper) is out and good to go. Then he tells me that he needs to drill my jaw bone to get to my bottom tooth. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT? Anxiety and blood pressure go sky rocketing up again and I beg them to turn the gas all the way up. They laugh and oblige. I feel good. Too good. I ask my doctor to stop. I whip my phone out and I start Snapchatting. Yep. I start taking selfies for snapchat and I actually uploaded them successfully! 

At this point, I have everyone in the room dying of laughter and then I let them proceed and they get it all over with and I'm stitched up. They write a prescription for Extra Strength Vicodin and I'm on my merry way. Luckily the effects of laughing gas don't last long at all. It took about 5 minutes for me to feel like myself again and that was that. Super stressful but eventually, not as bad as I played it out to be. I don't
                                                want to do that again. 









Comments

Popular Posts