You wanna know what sucks?

Cold sores. I've been plagued with them since I was in the 2nd grade. It can happen to anyone at anytime. Lucky for me, I was born with it since my mom gets cold sores. 
I've had severe cases of it were I have multiple sores and cases where it's the tiniest cold sore in the world...regardless, it still sucks.

I've had them enough in my lifetime to know the feeling or signs i'll be getting one. It starts with an itch. An irritating tickle that seems to never go away. Then the heat comes. The site seems to be hot or almost burning and a little redness starts to peak through. Then the bubble appears. Depending on how big to sore it depends on the amount of liquid it fills with. Luckily for me, mine hasn't gotten to the point yet, there's still hope! Then it's the swelling. The painful monstrosity-on-my-mouth-that-everyone-keeps-staring-at swelling. That's the worst part. The second worst part is the drying. The cold sore turns a nice mustard yellow as it dries and if you're not careful or forget you have it, you can yank the scab off and make it bleed, a lot. ALSO, cold sores are VERY  contagious so be wary of kissing or sharing drinks etc etc. 


If you suffer from cold sores and need tips! Read on! :)

Whenever I start the feel that annoying tickle feeling on the site, I rush to the freezer and wrap an ice cube in a paper towel and place the bare ice cube on the itchy spot. Do this continually. Repeat until you feel you've done damage to the itchiness.

Secondly, I've recently found this ointment to put on the site that's called Lysine+. It's sort of like Carmex but specifically for the herpes simplex virus. IT WORKED WONDERS FOR ME. Killed the healing time down to a week instead of 2 weeks! 

Third, if you don't want to purchase the ointment(although I recommend it) you could use a mixture of toothpaste(any kind) mixed with regular kitchen salt and this will dry out the sore quickly.

Fourth, my personal favorite BEFORE I discovered the Lysine+ ointment was to use womens deodorant on the sore. Not the white chalky one but the gel/liquid twisty kind. Seriously, it dries out the cold sore SO FUCKING fast it's incredible.

Lastly,  This tip of when your cold sore is drying out and if you happen to rip the scab off and you're bleeding, this one does the trick.
Ladies, if your scab is bleeding, simply use powder makeup to coat the sore and have the powder suck up any moisture. I have a specific face powder that I use whenever I have a cold sore(ONLY USE FOR COLD SORES. NO NOT CROSS CONTAMINATE) and i swirl some powder on my finger and place it on the bleeding scab. Not only does it adhere to the open scab it stops the bleeding and conceals it! Two in one!


I hope this helped you guys! I know these tips are pretty useful for me!! 

Much love,
Margie

Comments

Popular Posts