Nostalgia.

I find it so comforting and strangely weird how certain smells, sights, sounds and feelings remind you of a memory. Ever since I was a child, I had always been sensitive to stimuli and now as an adult, I connect the past stimuli to a memory. It's the weirdest thing.
Whenever I smell a lemon tree(not the fruit just the leaves) I automatically race back to the memory of my childhood. It's weird to say that I have memories WAY before I knew how to walk or talk. For instance, the lemon tree, Whenever I smell the lemon tree I can remember the way my nursery smelled like. The lemon tree was just outside of my room and when it rained or whenever my dad watered the garden, the smell of the citrus fruits would fill my room and today as a grown up, I associate lemon tree scent to when I was a little tiny baby in my crib.

It also amazes me how I get a sense of comfort from movies! It really is the weirdest thing. I could be having a stressful day, fighting with my boyfriend or got into a fight with my mom or ANYTHING and I could switch on specific movies and they instantaneously bring comfort to me and I feel better.
For instance, the movie Harriet the Spy(Michelle Trachtenburg) always makes me feel better and It's like my mood just put on a nice cozy blanket on and I feel 100% better!

Anyone else feel that way?


Much Love,
Margie

Comments

Popular Posts