With a Cherry On Top ;)

Hello my Lovelies,


     Something that has really grabbed me by my brunette pigtails and has shook me down to my core is the revelation my relationship has unraveled. I swear, my relationship was at an all time low and Iravin and I were one more fight away from calling each other our biggest regrets. We've been together for a little over 3 years and it has been a bumpy, traffic ridden, unpaved, long winding road. One of our worst characteristic of our relationship is neither one of us has patience. I am the most impatient person I've ever met. If the printer does not print fast enough, I WILL keep clicking the print button just to satisfy my nerves. It's that bad. Iravin is just the same. So, it brings me so much overwhelming joy to admit that something happened to our relationship and I couldn't be anymore happy.
     Rewind a couple months back, we got into another one of our blow out fights. We said things we shouldn't have said and we got pretty nasty. That is when we both threw in the towel and waved our white flags. We surrendered. We sat and we talked and we came to the conclusion that just saying that we're going to fix things isn't going to ACTUALLY fix things. Duh. It was time for us to actually do something about this hazardous relationship that we so badly wanted to work out. We took some time apart and we cleared our heads and we reunited again once we felt that this time things were going to be different. The difference is night and day.
     I can't speak for Iravin, since I don't know what goes on in his head but I'm pretty sure that we're both on the same page when I say that things are getting so much better, not perfect, but better. Of course, we've had a couple of spats here and there but nothing like how it used to be. We learned our lesson and we tried the hardest our little hearts could to make the other happy when we were both upset. Fights became shorter then they occurred less and less. We aren't so passive aggressive as we used to be with our eye rolling, scoffing or laughing whenever the other is trying to be serious. I know that to some of you reading this, you might be thinking that my relationship sounds like young love, high school bullshit, immature nonsense... maybe it is but at this moment, that's all I can ask for. It's working. It took us so long for us to get comfortable within our own relationship to were we can mold and blend together to make one solidified unit instead of one against the other. We finally started listening to the other person's needs and we played out their requests because we WANTED to, not because we had to.
     The best way I can describe the feeling is, it was an inaudible click inside my head, where everything made sense and I was so determined for us to make a better change not for the sake of myself but for the sake of this relationship. I let go of all the grudges, I killed all my insecurities, I burned all the bridges that stopped me from trusting and moving forward with him. I was ready. And, like I mentioned before, I can't speak for Iravin but to me, it felt like we were doing a dance together. A tango. I made one move, so did he. He moved to the left and he lead me in that direction. It was a chain reaction to the other person's body language. We were playing an intense game of chess. We gained strategies. We concentrated on the puzzle pieces and watched the other to reciprocate the right move. One step turned into two, then a hop and a skip then a whole jump. We were actually getting somewhere. I, for one, feel completely compelled to share that I have found a new love for my boyfriend. I am completely infatuated with him. It's like I learned to love all over again and it's only growing with each day. I look at him like I'm that silly emoji emoticon with hearts for eyes... I am in love again and even though I never stopped loving him, my heart felt like it was expanding more and more. He was sweeter, kinder and looked at me with love again. I was completely enthralled. I never would have guessed that something so easy and simple could literally be the answer to our problems. We stopped and we listened and we acted with cool heads.
       Eventually, things cooled off between the both of us and now I don't have any anxious feelings harbored inside just waiting for the next fight. Things between us have never been so good. We're happier. I'm more attracted to him now than I ever was before and I swoon every time he makes a compliment, says something sweet or gives me that look. Needless to say, our sex life before was always great. We were never left unsatisfied and always wanted more.. but recently, it had been a while since we've been a while and when we finally did see each other we could barely keep our hands off each other. It felt as if it was our first time. Excited, nervous, anxious and so incredibly impatient. Our sex life took a turn into Snooze-ville and had resorted to plain vanilla sex for a long, long while. Don't get me wrong, it was good but it wasn't like it used to be. And now, it was as if we hadn't seen each other for months and we couldn't wait to ravish one another. I couldn't be happier where our journey has taken us and I'm thrilled to see what the future has in store for us. If any of you reading this are going through hardships in your relationship, please know that whether it's a personal issue or mutual problem it CAN get fixed. It's a matter of wanting it bad enough to fix it. Why settle for vanilla when you've got the whole ice cream shop? ;)








Comments

Popular Posts