Nothing but A Pretty Face and a Fat Ass!

Hello My Lovelies,

Something that really got my gears grinding this weekend is the way men prey on females. It's utterly disgusting. I could be in sweatpants, a ratty old t-shirt and no makeup on and a pig will cat call me and whistle at me. There is nothing more degrading than having a nasty, older man wink and blow a kiss at your direction when you're just trying to buy some milk and bread! WHY?!

I was at the Asian market with my mom this past Sunday ordering a some crab to eat with my family. I was in jeans, a black tanktop(with a sports bra) and my hair up in a messy bun with no makeup on... I kid you not, every second I was there I was gawked at, whistled at, winked at or they walked by me and said things under their breath like "daaamn." It was the most awkward sitiation that I've ever been in because my mother was present with me. She said "I never noticed how you grab men's attention." I wasn't trying to. My mother literally had to stand in front of me to block this guys view  as we waited for the crabs because SHE was feeling uncomfortable on how blatantly obvious and rude he was being. He was well into his 60's and would not stop staring and me and licking his lips. I wanted to cry. It honestly is one of the worst feelings. I was not dressed flashy, I wasn't being loud and I wasn't trying to get their attention and something as simple as going to the grocery store with my mom turned into me feeling like a whore without even doing anything and dying to get back home where I could be a recluse.
I am sick and tired of men thinking they have some sadistic claim over a female's body and can stare at our breasts or drool over our asses and think it's a free show.
I want to know that I can leave my house wearing nothing but dental floss and know that I won't be afraid of getting molested. Sadly, If I were in a cow print muumuu I'd still get cat called and degraded...

This is the sad reality that many women face EVERY SINGLE DAY. We get sexualized at school, in the work place, in public and even within our own family members and it's something we can never escape from. My question is, why let them?

I have been really adamant about putting these pathetic pigs into their place and usually when a situation like this happen, I snap and ask them "Can I help you? Do I have a sign that says I'm up for sale?" I am not a prized pig. My body is not an art piece at a museum and I am most certainly not going to allow you to talk dirty to me. But... this Sunday, I was completely overwhelmed with how many men were making me uncomfortable. Now, I know a lot of you are thinking "Come on Margie, don't exaggerate.. you're not that hot." Trust me, I know. But, if you were in my shoes, you'd think that these men just saw a naked Virgin Mary (Forgive me, Father.) There were way too many of them and not enough of me to stick up for myself. I was defeated and I stood there, gangly and awkward in the aisle waiting for our seafood, as men walked by me whistled and raised their eyebrows at me and I didn't make a peep. I was burning inside my own skin to scream at them but I was outnumbered and quite frankly, it wasn't worth it. These assholes will do it again to the next female they see.

I went home that day feeling immense sadness that a simple trip to the store turned into a feeding frenzy for these men and I was left feeling violated. They took everything from me except the clothes off my bad. They took my integrity, my confidence and my sense of innocence.  

Why do men feel the need to treat women as sexual bate is completely beyond me.



Comments

Popular Posts