Change in Lifestyle???

Hello My Lovelies, 
Image result for tape measure body
Something interesting has been happening to me and quite frankly, I'm not sure how I feel about it! I'm not going to lie and beat around the bush here... I'm lazy. I don't work out like I used to when I was forced to do it as a class or after school activity. Since college, I'm put on quite a bit of weight, gradually, but nonetheless... I'm chubby. It all started when I got into my first real relationship and as all couples do, I gained some "happy weight" where you and your S.O go out to eat on dates and movies and endulge on treats more than you should for the sake of being together...yeah, that. Ever since I started dating my now ex, I've yoyo-ed with my weight. Gained. Lost. Gained a litte. Lost a lot. Gained everything back and now I"m no longer with him but the weight stayed AND THEN, I started a new relationship with my current boyfriend of two years and the process started all over again. So essentially, I'm fed up.

I've started to notice that my clothes were fitting tighter and I looked fuller and I panicked. I could NOT be gaining weight again! Albeit, my current weight is not my heaviest...but pretty damn close and I did not want to go back to that size. I guess one root of my problem was that I didn't have a proper scale to weigh myself on... I would guess by the way I fit my clothes. So out of sight, out of mind, right? Well funny story on how I learned my exact weight... My boyfriend received a package to his house but it was the wrong address, it was not meant for him or anyone in his household. He kept the package with the intent on going two streets down and giving them their rightful package. That never happened. Until the day I moved in with him. Moving boxes in the garage and he finds a sealed box with something heavy in it. He realizes that it's that package from 4 years ago. So he and I walk two streets down and knock on their door and the people that live there now, aren't the people who ordered the package so essentially, it was ownerless. So we went back home and we opened it. 
Boom. Brand new scale! LOL Had a pack of fresh batteries in it. We popped the batteries in and it worked! So now we have a scale. 

One morning, when I was getting ready for work. I went into the garage to look for a pair of socks. I saw the scale and I timidly stepped on it. LORD HAVE MERCY. I nearly called out of work just so I could stay home and cry all day. That was the harsh reality that I needed to figure something out for myself. Now, I'm not a glutton by any means. I hardly snack but I do eat good portions for my meals. So I was wondering where all the weight came from. But..there was no denying it. I thought that any breakfast was a good breakfast but eating a scone every morning or 3 chocolate chip cookies in the morning was probably not the best idea. Also my boyfriend and I eat pretty poorly. A lot of fried food, junk, pizza, burgers, pastas etc... Sure, they're nice to eat but not on a nightly basis and then I felt worse about it because I'd get takeout for lunch while I was at work. SO ALL I WAS CONSUMING WAS SHITTY UNHEALTHY MEALS THREE TIMES A DAY.. EVERYDAY. So of course I gained weight! Something in me changed soon after. I went to the grocery store that same week and I bought healthier options to take for lunch. Salads, fruits, nuts and yogurts.Anything to sto me from getting Taco Bell or Sushi for lunch everyday. I would take my healthy options to work, eat my lunch feel good about myself and then be starving again only a few hours later. I'd go home and ravish our snack pantry and then eat dinner. Totally counter productive. So I started racking my brain on what causes this and how can I combat it. Of course, eating small portions of non-dense food will leave any person hungry. The point is to eat denser/healthier options. So a salad would go right through me for example. I'd be hungry soon after. But a salad with chicken, cashews and avocado would fill me up more. Sure, a whole wheat bagel is tasty but not very filling. A bagel with avocado spread, pine nuts and some protein is! So it was a little bit of a challenge for me to re-vamp my healthy lunches to make me fuller without adding bad calories into the mix. So I figured out my food problem for lunch. It was my morning sweet tooth that was really hard to break...

To me, nothing sounds better than a hot cup of coffee with a delicious sweet pastry. That was my vice. I have an incredibly big sweet tooth and mornings were my excuse to eat my double chocolate loaf cake slice from Starbucks or eating a muffin. I sadly, had to cut those carbs out of my diet. So I switched to Cuties, the little seedless clementines that smile at you at the grocery store. I would peel myself two every morning and that sort of curbed my sweet tooth cravings. Eventually, I stopped craving bread/carbs for my breakfast and now the cuties work the best for me. I've even thrown in a handful of cashews to fill me up more and I really like that combo. 

Now, the hardest part of my daily life that I was so adamant about turning a blind eye and pretending that it wasn't a problem was my soda addiction. Coke. Vanilla Coke. Dr. Pepper. Cream Soda. I LOVE SODA! I would eat my meals with a cold soda drink everyday at least once a day if not twice. "Never drink your calories!" Sure Suzanne, sounds superb... Except I couldn't stop! Until one day, Honey and I were at a gas station going out of town and I was thirsty, water wasn't cutting it for me so I picked up a bottle of watermelon flavored Perrier, which is sparkling water. I love it. 
I went and bought a case of mini cans and started bringing those to work. I quickly kicked my soda sugary addiction. Now, that's mostly what I drink with my meals instead of a can of Coke that my work, ever so kindly, provides for us for free.. *Sigh* tempting.. lol 



Since I started weighing in everyday from the start of last week... I've lost a total of 7 lbs. I know they say that you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday but to me, it honestly helps! If I over indulged the day before, I would immediately see it the next working. I'd rethink and reevaluate my eating options and that would trigger my brain into not allowing myself to repeat that. Seeing the numbers go down every morning, even by a few ounces, helps me feel satisfied that I'm doing something right! So I'm going to keep on with my healthier lifestyle change and see where that takes me! 

Next stop. The gym. 
oooooh man. 



Comments

Popular Posts