When two become one.

 
     Something that has always been in the back of my mind, even when I was younger is "I want real love." I want to know it, see it and experience it for myself and it wasn't until recently that I've known what it truly felt like. We've all had those high school sweetheart flings and those people we once thought were our lives and then the "one" comes into your life and puts to shame every fragment of what you once though love was. For those of you who have not experienced it yet, it WILL happen. 
I know I'm young. I'm going on 22 years old but my whole entire life I've always been called/referred to being an old soul and I grew to believe it. I have always received compliments that I am so mature for my age and I'm into oldies, do wop, and incredibly infatuated with the 50's and anything to do with Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and James Dean. For a good 5 years I was either a Pink Lady (from the musical Grease) and a 50's girl with a poodle skirt and saddle shoes and varsity cardigan. I was OBSESSED. So it's no surprise to me that I've found the one so early on in life and I didn't really have to look for so long...actually, I wasn't looking at all. It took me a while of having horrible, horrible relationships for me to found my boyfriend. I've been cheated on, abused, verbally assaulted and hurt repeatedly over and over again. When I felt like I couldn't take anymore and I was down on my knees, he came along. Purely by accident but I'm so thankful that he did. He actually knew my best friend(at the time) before he met me, he was friends with her, talked to her and hung out with her all before we've even said hello ha ha. It was a Facebook friend request that started it all and even then, he was too shy to talk to me! We went to the same college and he finally mustered up the courage to ask for my number and I knew he was something special. I ALWAYS had my phone in my hand, staring at my screen texting him, reading his texts or on the phone with him. Finally, one day he text me "I want to see you." So after my last class which was Volleyball, we met up by the library and I instantly felt a connection with him. We flew into 4th gear pretty quickly which scared the hell out of me so I backed away because things got too intense for me. Of course, I missed him and I later realized that he was really something special and definitely someone that I would want to have in my life as a significant other or even just as a friend. I reached out to him, apologized and we gave it another try...and here we are two years later and still going strong. 
    The moral of this blog entry wasn't to rant and gush over my seemingly perfect relationship with Iravin, my boyfriend, but rather a memo to myself that the good things in my life are in fact GREAT. I've always felt strongly about him and he has no fear in showing his affection towards me. They say that there's that "3 month hump" in a relationship that after the first 3 months, the honeymoon stage is gone. But, for use, it truly feels like we're a brand new relationship and never seem to see our love slowing down. I guess what I'm trying to say is "Margie, things might seem rough but look on the bright side," Which is my family, I'm a live, he is my bright side. I've grown into a new person with him and I've seen myself transform into the woman that I am now. There is nothing better in this world than to have someone to tell that you love them, sleep next to at night, wake up to in the morning and smile over and over again. I'd want this forever. I'm the type of girl that will drop everything for him. He has a new job out in Georgia, okay great! I love peaches anyways. He wants to move to a large city? Fine, I love the smell of smog! I'd bend forwards and backwards for this man and some people might take this as "sprung" or "clingy" or even "whipped" but I'm neither of those things, I'm just a woman who knows that her man makes her happy and what makes him happy, I want to be apart of and share it. 
     The past two weeks, I've been staying at my boyfriends house and it gives me a little glimpse as to what our future would be like. We get along(not all the time) and we genuinely make each other happy. Things aren't going too good in my life right now and I know that I have the power within my own hands to change my perspective on it. My family is everything to me and the fact that my family considers my boyfriend as one of their own means the world to me. It's a happy medium with both my family life and love life. I couldn't be more happy. Every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY I am constantly reminded and told how special I am by him. He tells me I'm beautiful when I'm breaking out and miserable, he holds my hand in public and isn't shy to kiss me around his friends. I'm really really happy with this side of my life and I just wish that I knew how to bottle up my happiness and whip it out when things get rough. He really is such a sweetheart and he sits there patiently, listening to me and hearing my issues and he wipes away my tears when I'm sad and down. No boy has ever done that for me and for this exact reason  I thank him because he is a man and knows what to do. I am over joyed when I get to see him, lay down next to him and hold him as I breath him in. He's always so warm and he's so tall that I fit perfectly inside his arms. He's my perfection. I'm blessed to have him in my life. I am honored to be called his girlfriend. As every girl dreams of planning her wedding and starting a family, I can't wait until the days it all actually happens. From heartaches to breakups and proposals and babies, I'd do it all over again a hundred times if it meant I'd spend my life with him. 

     Sappy rant about two people falling in love *cue audience AWW here*
I can't wait for the days where we're just two old married people walking to the local coffee shop for dinner when the kids are grown and married. I love him for all that he is and all that he will ever become.

Much love,
Margie

Comments

Popular Posts