Thinsiration: Going Bulimic

Hello Lovelies
 



Don't worry, the title you just read isn't true. Sort of. Let me take you back a couple hours and give you a little run down on why I named this post that...

For the past couple of weeks now I've been really motivated to get back into shape and start working out again but every time I wanted to start, something came up! Whether it be lashing rain outside, my grandmother got sick, my boyfriend got sick, birthdays and all that jazz, it was never a good time to start. But, this weekend I mentally prepared myself to start a new journey that I hope you'll join me in to a better and healthier me! The weekend came and went and before I knew it, Monday morning was staring at me right in the face..Being that I'm unemployed at the moment, I was able to go for a walk today at around 11AM with my two Chihuahuas, Maci and Lulu. We walked about two miles around my neighborhood and that took about 30-45 mins. GREAT START! Even with a light walk I was able to build up a sweat considering it was pretty warm outside (Yay for California Winters!) By the time I got home, I could feel a bit wobbly in the legs and I could tell that my old walking sticks were super rusty and I had a loooong road ahead of me to get back into health. I relaxed for the rest of the day, ate lunch and was contemplating if I should start doing Zumba exercises off Youtube or if I should do workout routines that I've used in the past from an App I bought a year ago(Fit Woman app) I chose the latter. 
Now, I know that working out from an app on my iphone doesn't sound very efficient but trust me. It is. Check it out for yourselves, I personally really like it! So, here's where things get interesting. I know that I'm really out of shape, I mean, a flight of stairs makes me lose my breath. So, as I'm doing my thing and listening to the instructor on my app tell me what to do, I start to feel the burn!! It's a great feeling knowing that I'll wake up tomorrow sore! That means my body is on the right path! So, as I'm wrapping up my workout, I'm sweating, panting and I feel a bit lightheaded. I finished. I did it. I'm alive! I crash onto my bed and I let myself catch my breath and I'm so lightheaded at this point that standing and walking is almost impossible for me but with my head spinning, I get naseous and I make a run for it to the bathroom where I let everything loose. Clutching the toilet for dear life, trying not to get toilet water splashed back into my face I'm throwing up everything that I've had for lunch. Great. I work out one day and my body thinks that being bulimic is better than actually doing the hard work. pfft. Pussy. 

So, here I am post workout, with endorphins rushing and a nice lovely glow. I feel really good. I'm happy with the way my day went. I'm excited to feel the pain of my sore muscles tomorrow and to do it all over again. I'm ready. I need to get in shape!

Wish me luck! 

Comments

Popular Posts