A Millennial's Guide To Travelling Alone.



Hello My Lovelies,
Image result for stock photo airplane

I did a thing! I was feeling extra spontaneous and I booked a flight to Denver, CO to visit my boyfriend while he's away on business. Super exciting times but slightly stressful at other times.
Planning or wanting to take the plunge and travel some where alone? Here are some mistakes I did and some things I did that unexpectedly paid off.



1.) Travel savvy and use rebate sites like Ebates to get cash back on your Hotel and Flight expenses.
          - They have "Travel Thursdays" where your get 10% cash back on your travel plans                        that you book!

2.) RESEARCH! Don't just book with any site. Compare and contrast. When does your flight depart? When does your return flight land? You want to get the best bang for your buck so I'd suggest booking as early as you can (unless you can't miss work) to arrive at your destination at a early enough to enjoy your first day. Leave as late as you can/want on our departure date to spend more time in the area, again, for the best deal!
           - I'd much have an early flight to get to _____ early and enjoy the rest of my day at                   my new destination as oppose to fly late, get in late and essentially lose a day but pay               for the night.

3.) AirBNB is a saving grace! I checked out local hotels and man! Where they pricey for just a weekend getaway.
          - I booked a 3 night stay with an AirBNB for $170... as opposed to the cheapest hotel I                     could find at $100 a night!
          - You also need to realize that an AirBNB is NOT a hotel. It's someone's home. Respect               it better than you'd respect your own home. There will probably be other people                       either staying there or living there. Be courteous!

4.) PLAN! PLAN! PLAN!
Flying can be stressful but plan ahead. Make sure you have a ride to and from the airport/train station etc.
     -Know your call times. If your plane departs @ 2:30, your gate will start boarding early. GIVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TIME GET THERE ON TIME! I can't tell you how many people I see sprinting out of cars and saying a half hearted goodbye's just to rush to stand in line at security, run a marathon to their terminal and stress the F*** out! Take it easy. Plan ahead and don't stress.

5.) Bring all important documentation or have them readily available on your phone!
If you have an iPhone, you're able to upload your boarding pass onto your Apple Wallet and you don't have to worry about losing that valuable piece of paper when you've got in secured on your phone's "wallet."
          - State ID/Passport/etc
          - Boarding Pass

6.) Be cautious of your baggage/luggage/carry on size. They WILL charge you at any given chance. Pack light.

Happy and safe travels! 







Comments

Popular Posts