I think this is it...

I can feel it in my bones when I'm away from him and I can sense it coursing through my veins when he says my name. The story. Our story is one for the books and an incredible book at that. 

I am so forever thankful for that fateful day when we both walked into the same math class 6 years ago in college. 

Both of us too shy to say a word or even exchange names but both our hearts were drawn to one another in a way we weren't ready for nor knew what to do with. 

I gazed at you through my lust drunken eyes as you stared at me through your infatuated gaze but both piercing our line of vision with deafening silence. 

The semester ended. I never saw you again. 



Until one day.


After getting out of a debilitating relationship that took more than it gave. I was convinced to sign up for a stupid dating app by a stupid friend who met her stupid fiance on there and I stupidly obliged and I stupidly stumbled upon a stupidly handsome man that looked stupidly familiar and when I realized who you were, I stupidly stared at my phone in complete awe and started to tremble. 

"It's him!" 

After all these years. Six years. With no communication. We crossed paths yet again. 
Almost instantly, you messaged me and I instantly got all giddy inside. 

We talked through the app for a total of 4 hours then switched to texting for 2 days that turned into going on our first date and meeting again for the first time since that math class in college. 

And that was it for me. 

The fact that we were both taken at the time we were in class and we respectively kept our distance from one another, so breaking up with our partners around the same time seems too good to be true to me. 

We met at a restaurant that summer night, we ate dinner and had a few beers than we talked and talked and talked out in the parking lot until 4 in the morning. We were the last ones there and you came in to give me a hug and we called it a night. 

And I KNEW that you were something I'd hold on to. 

After our first date, we were inseparable. Texting all day long, on the phone for hours, together at any opportunity we had. 
That Saturday after our first date, you took me to a party, it sucked but it was fun being with you. 
It's been so incredibly great being with you. 
We are so incredibly compatible in so many ways that It's so hard for me to ground myself from being on cloud 9. 

We are coming up to a year of being with each other and it's gone by so quickly that it seems impossible that it's already been a year! 
You are so fun. You are so handsome. You are so loved by me. 

I was afraid that I'd never love again to the extent that I once had but I've completely surpassed that limit and I've never loved someone this much. 

We've shared so many experiences together, we've traveled so much together already, my family absolutely adores you. 

Can't wait for this new journey we're about to embark on together. 
I am so in love with you.

Comments

Popular Posts