Overweight, Frumpy and Miserable

Hello My Lovelies, 


I'm not even going to make an excuse. I suck at blogging... 

But, my resolution on life is to start doing more of what I love(d) and get back into the swing of things! I know a couple months back(maybe a year ago??)I said I was going to get healthy and start working out?.... Remember that?! Yeah. No. I gained weight (ashamed.) BUT, I had a quarter life crisis and I'm certain I need to change NOW! 

No excuses. No bullshit. No drama. 

Yesterday was my first day of working out in about 2 years.(again, ashamed.) 
And, even though it sucked and it hurt and my lungs felt like they were going to explode and my heart felt like it was going to burst into flames and come out of my ass, I felt really good afterwards. 

But today... I'm sore. I went to Subway for lunch and I felt like a damn fool waddling like a duckling because my legs are sore! It feels good to have my muscles hurt and ache again. 

I've decided to change my health and my lifestyle now, while I still can. 

The main objective as to why I decided to make a change for the better just so happens to be my age. I'm about to turn 24 in a month and a half. That's almost half way to 30! I'm overweight, frumpy and miserable!! I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years (yes, the one who broke my heart but then came back...That "boyfriend.") Five years is a long time. We're practically married without the wedding bands. Which lead me to think that there's an impending proposal that could happen at any second and I'm going to be planning a wedding, looking for venues, a dress and bridesmaids dresses while being overweight, frumpy and miserable? FUCK NO. I need to change that. 

Then, the second epiphany is that my best friend had a baby a couple months ago. That baby is the light of my life and I'd give up the shirt off my back just so she could have something soft to sit on. Baby fever set in. My ovaries are quivering. My uterus is screaming to be a housing vessel. My eggs are feigning to be fertilized. Then the voice of reason came hollering in my mind and *DING DING DING* I can't have a baby right now!!
Sex leads to pregnancy. Pregnancy leads to baby growing INSIDE me. Baby growing inside me leads to my belly getting bigger. My belly getting bigger leads to weight gain. Weight gain leads me back to being overweight, frumpy and even MORE MISERABLE!

How on earth am I going to have trouble losing weight now, then add a pregnancy and baby to the mix and lose the extra baby weight as well? I'm nuts! 

So, as a reward to my body and my ovaries, I'm going to lose weight. For the sake of my health, my body and my future wedding/infant. I WILL LOSE WEIGHT. 

That is all. Thanks for listening to my PSA.







Comments

Popular Posts