30 Day Shred!

Hello My Lovelies,


Shush. I know. I forgot to blog yesterday but I was really busy at work and was busy getting my fitness on ;)

I have yet to mention that I've begun Jillian Michaels 30 day shred program! I'm still on level one but it's already giving me a run for my money! ...well it's free on youtube lol But, you get the point!

I started on Monday and I've been doing it every single day this week. It's a 30 minute video that has cardio, strength and core training all in one so essentially, you're getting a whole body workout! The first day I did it, Oh my golly gosh, I was SO sore the day after. I almost cried getting out of bed. But, I knew that was a sign that I'm doing something right! 
Along with the 30 minute daily workout, I'm also incorporating walking a mile everyday as well with the hopes of working my way up to running a mile next month. That may or may not happen but I'm sticking to doing any physical activity on the reg. 

I know that diet and exercise go hand in hand but I HATE dieting! So, I've started to calorie count instead. Instead of switching out my fav. foods and only eating rabbit food, I'm learned that the key for success(for myself) is to moderate what I eat. I can still eat fried chicken but only a small serving. I can still eat french fries but I must portion control. I still get the satisfaction of pleasing my taste buds and mentally think that I'm "cheating" but in reality, I'm eating less and staying under my calorie intake limit.  I know that this method will work for some and others way disagree with but fitness and staying motivated has to do with what works for you mentally and physically and this is what works for me! 

I know that I would eat an entire carton of spinach WITH dressing and eat more than I should have because "It's just a salad." I like being conceious of my food and think "Oh, this is pasta, I probably should only eat half a serving.." which then leads me to eat better! 

Whatever works for me is just fine. Doesn't mean it'll work for you. 

I've also included a calendar with specific details of my workout on each and everyday. Also, I've written my goals, motivations, aspirations and hopeful weight loss milestones! 
The main reason why I've all of a sudden have the desire to get fit is because my boyfriend and I are going to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida in July! It's his 24th birthday and our five year anniversary and we're celebrating big! With that being said, we will be trodging around the parks and I don't want to suffer because I'm a fat sack of potatoes in the Floridian heat. So, I want to get in shape and enjoy the Florida lifestyle like it's meant to be enjoyed... Mojitos and string bikinis... haha okay, no string bikinis. 

I'm excited to go on this journey! I'm super motivated now more than ever to get back into shape! 

My goal is to weigh 140 by July. I have five months to go! Wish me luck :)



Comments

Popular Posts