Back From The Dead!

Hello My Lovelies,


Yes, it's really me. I'm really back! Sorry that I took such a long and abrupt hiatus. Let me fill you in on a dirty little secret...come in closer... I'm a taken woman!
For those of you who have been my long time readers know that I was in a committed relationship with someone I thought was the man of my dreams, four years later, he shattered my heart and dumped me on my ass... Now, two months later, he crawled back into my life and here we are!

Now, before you all jump to conclusions and start to hate and rag on my boyfriend. Let me explain a few things.
1. things were not perfect in my relationship
2. I had lost myself along the way during those four years, I wasn't who I used to be.
3. He had lost himself, too.
4. We loved each other very much but he needed me to realize that I needed more than just the "usual."

What does that mean exactly?
A lot of you know that I was unemployed and depressed for a long, long time. I got into a slump and I couldn't get out of it. I was conformed into being the "unemployed girlfriend" the tag-a-long and the needy woman next to him. I knew this, he knew this and he saw that I needed to change so the only way he could snap me out of it was to, well, break the ground from underneath me.
As cynical as it sounds, he really did save me, once again. He knew I deserved better than I was giving myself and it took for him to break my heart and leave for me to see that.
Once we broke up, I was so incredibly miserable being at home all the time, no one to talk to, missing him, crying and feeling sorry for myself. So, I got myself a job. I started working, making money and making new friends and slowly I started to heal. I was on my own two feet again but I still hurt every single day without him.

In total, it was only two months that we were broken up but it honestly felt like a century.
It wasn't until April rolled around, my birthday month, that he FINALLY got into contact with me. Not a single word was shared for two months up until my birthday on April 2. He wrote to me, he shared a beautiful little piece about me that brought me to tears, so naturally I had to contact him and thank him for the kind words.. That's when we both broke and shared our harbored feelings for each other and that we were both in love with each other.

He regretted ever leaving me but he's glad that he did because I got a lot accomplished in the two months I was devastated. Now, it's been a month since we've been back together and even though it was a rocky start, we're working out the kinks and we're remembering how to be with one another again.

He promised me that he was going to do things right this time and that if we got back together, it would be for good until the day I steal his last name. And, that's what we intend on doing.


For those of you who have cared enough to message me and send me lovely comments asking about my whereabouts, I have a special place for you in my heart. Thank you!


Comments

Popular Posts