Not Your Mother's®

Hello My Lovelies

I was chosen by Influenster to review this free product I received thanks to Not Your Mothers brand. I have naturally curly and thick hair so my hair LOVES mousses. I've been using them for as long as I could remember to tame my frizz and lock in my curls so I really didn't have high hopes for this since i'm so accustomed to mousse but I was completely let down by this product.

The mousse itself is a "whipped" texture, like whipped cream, and it feels SO dense and oily. I didn't like the consistency of it and was hesitant to put it in my hair but I still tested it.

I tried it with dry hair.
     1. to see if it leaves hair "crunchy" or leaves it feeling oily.
I was horrified. The smell is nice but once you put it in your hair, it smells like bacon.. I don't know why or how! but I tried it on my moms hair and hers smelled the same way. Keep in mind, we have completely different hair textures so we use different shampoo/conditioner so the scent of our products wasn't altering the mousse.

I let the mousse dry in my hair for a bit to see how it turned out and it was just a giant flop. I did not like it AT ALL. It left my hair feeling damp and heavy and thick.

I washed it out and thought "maybe I'll have better luck with wet hair."

Boy, was I wrong.

It left my hair SO heavy and weighed down with product that my curly, frizzy hair actually looked flat... don't even get my started on the "bacon-y"/ meaty smell to it. I had to rewash my hair to get it out because it was making me nauseous.

Don't like it. Don't recommend it.
Thanks for the free sample but no thanks lol


I was given this product for review and testing purposes. I was not paid to write this and all my opinions are my own.




If you want, follow them on social media at:


Comments

Popular Posts