Green M&M's, Hulk Smash and other Jealousy comparissions...

Hello my Lovelies,


Heads up! I moved! Finally, the apartment hunting, meetings, orientations, tours, packing..moving and then unpacking is over! I'm all settled in to my new humble abode and things can get right back into the swing of things.


As I last left off, my relationship between Mr. Margie has REALLY taken off and progressed which has been a big positive in my life to say the least.
Amidst the chaos of moving and dealing with my mother....*sigh*... I can finally say that things are back to the norm. Not the same, but normal-ish.

Speaking of my relationship, I've been noticing something peeking out underneath the security-bed and it's not a monster but way way WAY worse... Jealousy. It's something that's natural to me and I can't help feel that prickle of self doubt or self consciousness in my gut especially when it comes to my relationship.
Now, let me preface that I know my significant other would never cheat on me, it's his friends. He needs attention more than I do when it comes to a social environment. He needs to see his friends and he needs to see his friends often to feel secure about himself. Hey, that's how he is. I, on the other hand, need security from him as opposed to my friends. My best friend and I can go days without texting or seeing each other but we always pick up right were we left off. I'm not biting at the bit to see her nor am I stressing out when I haven't hung out with her in a while. We're just cool like that LOL. While him on the other hand, needs constant affirmation from his friends that he's still important. Cool. To each their own.

...BUT, that's where the struggle lies within me. I know he's not doing anything that would maliciously harm our relationship, it's the sheer fact that he's not with me that makes my blood boil.
I love him. I respect him. But I want all of him 100% of the time and I know that's selfish but damn it, that's how I am!

This is something that we've both struggled to meet in the middle with. He needs his friends.. I need him. Now, before you deem me as an overly clingy girlfriend, I'm not. I don't demand that he texts me every second of the day nor do I have to check in on him when he's not with me. It's a simple matter of me enjoying myself with him and I want to enjoy myself with him as much as I can.

But, I still can't get over that twinge of jealousy when he'd rather chill with his friends as oppose to me. He still does it and he never lets my insecurities or jealousy hinder his friendships (which I prefer) but still. I love him too much :(

Anyone else out there in a similar boat?

I'm tired of being lime-green jello jelly all the time.



Comments

Popular Posts