.

Last night, sitting at the bar where the lights were turned down way low and the ambient lighting glowed red. The live Ska band played and everyone was wearing black and the men had pompadours. I was approached by a Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome to buy me a drink but I couldn’t even finish the one I had just bought myself… I felt sick, but not from the liquor. I felt sick to my core because I was having a great time and all I wanted to do was go home and tell you all about it but then I remembered that we’re playing a little game where we act like we don’t exist to each other anymore. So, tipsy, a heavy heart and empty arms, I went home alone. I kept looking at my phone and was so tempted to just hear your voice on the other end. I didn't. I couldn't. I know I shouldn't. And, I'm glad I hadn't. So, I went to bed and acted like the entire thought of you didn’t cross my mind... Once again.

Comments

Popular Posts